Dark Conquest

Everquest's Premier Al'Kabor Guild
It is currently Mon May 17, 2021 11:25 am

Post subject: All About Dark Conquest
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 pm 

All About Dark Conquest
by Zamiel

This post is current as of April 11th, 2012.

Preface

0.1. Quick Links

Dark Conquest Raid Points: http://www.darkconquest.org/numbers.html

0.2. Table of Contents

Basic Information
- 1.1. What is Dark Conquest?
- 1.2. Who is the guild leader of DC?
- 1.3. Who are the current active officers of DC?
- 1.4. What rules do DC members have to abide by?

Joining
- 2.1. What classes is DC accepting?
- 2.2. Is there a minimum level to join DC?
- 2.3. How do I join Dark Conquest?
- 2.4. Do I have to register an account on the forums before I post my application?
- 2.5. How do register an account on the forums?
- 2.6. What format should I use when posting my application?

Raiding
- 3.1. When does Dark Conquest raid?
- 3.2. Where does Dark Conquest meet for raids?
- 3.3. What is going to be the raid target for today/tomorrow/whenever?
- 3.4. Does DC have "open" raids? Do I have to be a tagged member of DC to raid with DC?
- 3.5. Why can't Temerity or Destiny people accrue points on DC raids?
- 3.6. Should I show up on-time for raids or be late?
- 3.7. Am I allowed to bring boxes to DC raids?
- 3.8. Are there any channels that I should join if I am raiding with DC?
- 3.9. If dcraid is used for raid instructions, what is /rs used for?

Loot
- 4.1. How does DC handle loot?
- 4.2. How does a spend-all loot system work?
- 4.3. What happens if no-one bids their points for an item?
- 4.4. Can I bid my points for an alt? Can I random for an alt?
- 4.5. If I am boxing multiple characters, can I win more than one piece of loot from the same mob?
- 4.6. If I am boxing multiple characters, can I /random for the same item on multiple characters?
- 4.7. Can you give an example of what loot distribution looks like?
- 4.8. If this is my first raid, can I bid 0 points? If I am a member of Temerity of Destiny, can I bid 0 points? If I already spent my points on this raid, can I bid 0 points?
- 4.9. Can I bid my points for an item if I was not present for the entire kill of the raid mob? Can I /random for an item if I was not present for the entire kill of the raid mob?
- 4.10. How do I accrue points? How are points generated?
- 4.11. Where can I see the what my current raid points are? Where can I see what everyone else's raid points are?
- 4.12. Where can I find the raid attendance logs for DC raids? Additionally, how do I ensure that I'm being counted for the raids that I've participated in?
- 4.13. Who's responsibility is it to ensure that the correct number of raid points are allocated?

Other
- 5.1. I have a question that was not answered in this post.

Basic Information

1.1. What is Dark Conquest?

Dark Conquest, or DC for short, is a raiding guild on Al'Kabor. However, we do stuff together other than just raiding, like XPing, roasting marshmallows, taking nature hikes, and so forth.

1.2. Who is the guild leader of DC?

Karpan

1.3. Who are the current active officers of DC?

In order of seniority:
Kaany

1.4. What rules do DC members have to abide by?

1) At all times, the /anonymous mode is forbidden. Feel free to use /roleplay if you want to hide your class, race, and level.
2) Use common sense when interacting with others. In general, it's going to be near impossible to get "in trouble" with the officers, but if you are crossing the line with to another player in the guild or otherwise, an officer is going to set you straight or remove you from the guild.

Joining

2.1. What classes is DC accepting?

We are accepting all classes at this time.

2.2. Is there a minimum level to join DC?

No. We know that sooner or later, you will be level 65. In the long run, it really doesn't take all that long, especially with the help of guild mates.

2.3. How do I join Dark Conquest?

1) Post a new topic in the "Membership Information" sub-forum with your application. Once this is done...
2) Speak with an officer in-game and let them know that you are interested in joining. If you are a known thief, idiot, or so forth, then the officer will need to consult with the other officers before proceeding. Otherwise, they will give the go-ahead for you to...
3) See an officer in game to recieve "the talk". This is mainly to let you know some basic things about DC, answer any questions you may have, and make sure that DC is a good fit for you. Once you have received the talk... An officer will tag you. This will put you on a 30 day probation period.
5) After you are tagged, send a private message to Karpan for forum access.

2.4. Do I have to register an account on the forums before I post my application?

Yes, since you can not apply without registering. Your account name does not have to match your character name. You will need to send Karpan your Character names for the roster.

2.5. How do register an account on the forums?

1) Click on the "Register" button on the top left of this page.
2) Review the rules and click accept.
3) Fill out your form.
4) When you receive the email from the site, click on the link to activate your account.

2.6. What format should I use when posting my application?

1) Character's Name
2) Class and level
3) Race
4) Alternate Character's Name (if applicable)
5) Alt's Class (if applicable)
6) Alt's Race (if applicable)
7) All guild affiliations (present and past)
8) Timezone
9) Usual time(s) online
10) A brief description of your reasons for wanting to join Dark Conquest, the members that you've talked to or adventured with, and any other information that you'd like to share.

Raiding

3.1. When does Dark Conquest raid?

Tuesday @ 9 PM EST
Wednesday @ 9 PM EST
Saturday @ 6 PM EST

Additionally, our raid times change during DC's turn in the Vex Thal rotation. For more details, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1115

3.2. Where does Dark Conquest meet for raids?

We meet in the Nexus.

If it it is DC's turn in the Vex Thal rotation, then we meet at the Vex Thal zone in.

3.3. What is going to be the raid target for today/tomorrow/whenever?

With some exceptions, raid targets in DC are not planned beforehand. After the raid leader gets a count of the people ready to raid in the Nexus, they will call an appropriate target.

3.4. Does DC have "open" raids? Do I have to be a tagged member of DC to raid with DC?

DC has somewhat open raids. For the purposes of raiding and loot distribution, any untagged character or character of another guild is treated the exact same way as a member of DC itself. We do not use guild chat for any raid instructions and so forth.

The big exception to this is members of Temerity and Destiny. Members of these guilds are welcome to raid with DC at any time but they cannot accrue raid points. This does not mean that they cannot receive loot; members are still able to bid 0 points on any piece of loot that drops and this will supersede rolling. For more information, see section 2 of this document.

3.5. Why can't Temerity or Destiny people accrue points on DC raids?

At some point in the past, the leadership of both of these guilds established the policy that their guild members were not allowed to attend DC raids that involved "progression" targets. This is understandable. However, it then puts DC in the situation where members of Temerity and Destiny would be "geared up" during our normal raids and then unable to help us where it really mattered, so to speak. So in the interests of progression, we feel that it is only fair to limit Temerity's and Destiny's ability to purchase loot on our raids.

3.6. Should I show up on-time for raids or be late?

For any professional raiding guild, being on time is very important. We award raid points specifically for those who are on time and actually ready to raid (a.k.a. not AFK).

3.7. Am I allowed to bring boxes to DC raids?

Yes. There is no set limit to the amount of characters you can bring to DC raids. However, you will be personally expected to play each character to a reasonable degree of its potential. If you feel that you are not skilled enough to reasonably contribute with the box that you are bringing, then do not bring it. If the raid leader sees a box that is not pulling its weight, that particular box will be asked leave and will not recieve any raid points for that particular raid.

3.8. Are there any channels that I should join if I am raiding with DC?

Yes, /join dcraid:dcraid. Raid instructions will be given in this channel.

If you are a cleric, also /join dcheal:claric.

If you are playing more than one character, please make sure that you join all appropriate channels on all of your characters.

3.9. If dcraid is used for raid instructions, what is /rs used for?

- Debuff messages, for example /rs slowed {{ Rallos Zek the Warlord }}
- Spot heal requests, for example /rs someone spot me plz
- Spot heal messages, for example /rs spot healing {{ Zamiel }}
- General raid chatter, for example /rs fuck yes bears touchdown

Loot

4.1. How does DC handle loot?

Dark Conquest uses a point system to distribute loot. More specifically, we use a spend-all system.

4.2. How does a spend-all loot system work?

Several raid attendance logs are taken during the course of a raid. After the raid, points are awarded to each member based on these logs. When a piece of loot drops, whomever wants the loot and has the highest amount of points will win the loot. Afterwards, their points will be set to 0.

4.3. What happens if no-one bids their points for an item?

The item will be /randomed for. If you win the /random, you will not be deducted any points.

4.4. Can I bid my points for an alt? Can I random for an alt?

- If the alt in question is present on the raid, then no.
- If the alt in question is not present on the raid, then yes. Please specify in dcraid that your bid or roll is for an alt.

- Any character currently on the raid bidding points will take precedence over a bid for an alt.
- Any character currently on the raid rolling will take precedence over a roll for an alt.
- A bid for an alt will take precedence over a roll for a main.

4.5. If I am boxing multiple characters, can I win more than one piece of loot from the same mob?

Yes.

4.6. If I am boxing multiple characters, can I /random for the same item on multiple characters?

Yes.

4.7. Can you give an example of what loot distribution looks like?

[Sat Feb 4 17:54:21 2012] Diabo Xi Xin has been slain by Zamiel!
[Sat Feb 4 17:54:49 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'Cloak of Destruction//Bone Chill Shield//Stein of Falling Tears'
[Sat Feb 4 17:54:49 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'points for Cloak of Destruction'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:00 2012] Karpan tells dcraid:4, '3'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:02 2012] Miuma tells dcraid:4, '87 (alt)'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:10 2012] Jian tells dcraid:4, '44'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:20 2012] Fanglore tells dcraid:4, '12'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:30 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'gratz jian'
[Sat Feb 4 17:55:35 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'points for Bone Chill Shield'
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:05 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, '/random 100 for Bone Chill Shield'
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:15 2012] **A Magic Die is rolled by Karpan.
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:15 2012] **It could have been any number from 0 to 100, but this time it turned up a 76.
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:20 2012] **A Magic Die is rolled by Exos.
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:20 2012] **It could have been any number from 0 to 100, but this time it turned up a 14.
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:25 2012] **A Magic Die is rolled by Frosst.
[Sat Feb 4 17:56:25 2012] **It could have been any number from 0 to 100, but this time it turned up a 24.
[Sat Feb 4 17:57:40 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'gratz karpan'
[Sat Feb 4 17:58:00 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'points for Stein of Falling Tears'
[Sat Feb 4 17:58:14 2012] Fanglore tells dcraid:4, '12 (alt)'
[Sat Feb 4 17:58:30 2012] Zamiel tells dcraid:4, 'gratz fang alt'

4.8. If this is my first raid, can I bid 0 points? If I am a member of Temerity of Destiny, can I bid 0 points? If I already spent my points on this raid, can I bid 0 points?

Yes, you can bid 0 points. For every item you bid zero with you will be deducted a negative amount of points. This will remain until the new points list is updated.

Temerity and Destiny members will have their point totals reset to 0 at the end of a raid. For everyone else, the negative point values will carry over.

4.9. Can I bid my points for an item if I was not present for the entire kill of the raid mob? Can I /random for an item if I was not present for the entire kill of the raid mob?

Yes you can bid your points if you were not there for the entire kill (i.e showing up and helping kill cursed when he is at 50% health). If you show up for the raid you are just as entitled as anyone else on the raid.

4.10. How do I accrue points? How are points generated?

You get one raid point for being on time, and one raid point for each 1.5 hours that you raid. Raid leaders take logs using /who to see who is in the zone and then put that into a database after raids are done.

If a raid ends before a 1.5 hour chunk is over, it is up to the raid leader's discretion to award an extra raid point or not.

4.11. Where can I see the what my current raid points are? Where can I see what everyone else's raid points are?

http://www.darkconquest.org/numbers.html

4.12. Where can I find the raid attendance logs for DC raids? Additionally, how do I ensure that I'm being counted for the raids that I've participated in?

Once you've created an account on the forum, you will see a new sub-forum, "Raid Planning". Please check this forum after every raid and make a post in the appropriate thread if you believe that you were not awarded the correct number of raid points.

4.13. Who's responsibility is it to ensure that the correct number of raid points are allocated?

The raid logs that the raid leader takes may miss people due to a player being dead, a player being link-dead, and so forth. It is ultimately the responsibility of the individual raider to check the application of points after every raid to ensure that they were not skipped for a raid that they deserve credit for.

Other

5.1. I have a question that was not answered in this post.

Make a reply below with your question and it shall be answered.